Installing on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
To install the PrayersGdgt.ipa file available on this site to your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, you need to go throgh the following three steps:
You need a jailbroken iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. If your device is not jailbroken and you want to jailbreak it (and you understand the risks), you can strat at http://www.jailbreakme.com/, http://www.ijailbreak.com/how-to-jailbreak/ or http://jailbrea.kr/. Remember, though, that you are the ONLY one responsible for your actions. Remember also that the instructions for jailbreaking might change as Apple releases new iOS versions. So, please educate yourself enough about jailbreaking and how to recover from jailbreaking before proceeding. I do not have the time to answer any questions related to jailbreaking or failure of installation on a particular iDevice.
Summary: You need to prepare the jailbroken device to install unsigned Apps. You do that by installing both AppSync and Installous from the Cydia store. The Cydia store is available on jailbroken phones.
- To install AppSync, which allows syncing unsigned Apps to iTunes, launch Cydia.
- Go to Manage, tap the Sources section and finally tap the Edit button in the top right corner of the screen.
- You should now see an Add button appear in the top left corner of the screen. Tap the Add button now and type in the following source: http://appaddict.org/repo (or any other repo you know about like: repo.hackyouriphone.org or http://repocydia.com). After typing the source above tap the Add Source button.
- Ignore the Warning message.
- With the repo source now added into Cydia go into that source by tapping on it and you should see AppSync for your iOS version. Install the proper AppSync version.
- You will be asked to Confirm the download. Click Confirm.
- Restart your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
- The second package Installous allows installing unsigned Apps on your Jailbroken device. After your device has restarted, launch Cydia again and install Installous to your iOS device.
- Once you are done. You will now find Installous App icon on your SpringBoard (i.e., homescreen).
Step #3:Installing the App via iTunes
Summary: You need to install the App .ipa file you obtained form the site through iTuens.
- Run iTunes on your PC or Mac.
- Go to Library/Apps, and click on any of the Apps you have with the right mouse click.
- Select the option "Show in Windows Explarer" on a PC or the option "Show in Finder" on a Mac. This will open the folder where iTunes keeps all your Apps.
- Copy the PrayersGdgt.ipa file you obtained from the site to that folder. Sometimes Internet Explorer renames PrayersGdgt.ipa into PrayersGdgt.zip. If that happens, just rename it back into PrayersGdgt.ipa
- Close iTunes and run it again. It will see the Prayers Gadget App.
- Now sync the App like you do for any other App you have.
- There are so many other techniques to install Apps on jailbroken devices that you might be more comfortable with, like using SSH, or Installous itself, etc. Please use Google for more information.